This versatile cookie recipe was kindly shared by Sarah Tyler on my everythingeverhot Facebook page after I asked people for their cookie recipes. I used the basic recipe but swopped out 50g of cocoa for flour and added orange zest and chocolate chips. My husband announced they were the best cookies he had eaten! Needless to say the first batch disappeared in a flash.
- 90g butter
- 90g soft brown sugar
- 90g caster sugar
- 130g self raising flour
- 50g cocoa
- pinch of salt
- 1 large egg
- 120g chocolate chips
- zest of an orange
- Place butter and sugars in a bowl and mix together until creamy, I used a mixer for this.
- Add the flour, cocoa, salt and egg and beat well until combined.
- Next mix in the orange zest and chocolate chips.
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper. Using a spoon put a walnut sized dollop of mixture on the tray well spaced apart. I made 12 cookies on two baking trays.
- Cook in the top oven of the Everhot at around 180°C. My oven was at about 190°C. Bake for 10-15 minutes but if you like squidgy cookies take them out when they still look a bit uncooked. Trust me once cooled you will have a cookie that is firm on the outside and squidgy on the inside.