Chocoholics will love these Chocolate cardamom biscuits. Bake longer for a crispier biscuit.
- 200g plain flour
- 50g cocoa powder
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 150g chilled butter
- 150g light brown muscavado sugar
- 1 medium egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Combine the flour, cocoa, cardamom, raising agents and salt in a bowl or food processor. Grate in the butter and mix or pulse until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Stir or blitz in the sugar then add egg and vanilla, mixing until the dough comes together. Put dough on a sheet of cling film. Fold over the film and roll until it forms a long sausage approx 3cm in diameter. Twist the ends until tight and chill in fridge for a few hours or in the freezer for half an hour or so.
- Line baking sheets with parchment. Unwrap the dough and slice into around 30 discs. Place them on the baking tray a few centimetres apart. You can rewrap and freeze half the dough for another day if you like.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes at 190ºC on the top shelf in the top oven of the Everhot. The biscuits should rise slightly. Beware overcooking as they can lose the cocoa flavour. If you like crisper biscuits bake nearer the bottom of the oven.