450g lean minced beef
100g chorizo, finely diced
1 onion, grated
2 tbsp freshly chopped oregano
1 tbsp freshly chopped mint
Cracked black pepper
4 sun-dried tomatoes, drained and finely chopped (reserving 45ml of the oil for the onions)
For the glazed onions
45ml reserved oil from the sun-dried tomatoes
3 red onions, finely sliced
45ml good quality balsamic vinegar
- In a large bowl, mix all the burger ingredients together.
- Using damp hands, shape the mixture into four even-sized burgers. Compress them well so that they hold their shape.
- Place on a large plate, cover and chill for at least 30 minutes. If you are freezing a batch do it at this stage.
- Meanwhile, prepare the balsamic glazed onions: Heat the reserved oil in a large pan and fry the onions on the hotplate at 300º for 8-10 minutes, stirring regularly, until soft and caramelised. Add the balsamic vinegar, move to the simmer plate and cook uncovered, for a further 5-10 minutes.
- To cook the burgers: turn on the the grill and after a couple of minutes cook the burgers for 8-10 minutes, turning carefully, once or twice, until cooked through and any juices run clear.
- Serve in a brioche bun, topped with the balsamic glazed onions, alongside salad leaves and a selection of relishes.
Serve in brioche buns topped with the glazed onions, with a home-made slaw, green salad and relishes.