There are so many ways to use up sourdough discard but this is one of my favourites. These Everhot sourdough pancakes are light and fluffy and taste really good and they have no extra sugar in them. The Everhot hotplate is the perfect pancake maker. You can use whichever fillings you like including fresh fruit, yoghurt, ice-cream, maple syrup or just lemon and sugar. If you prefer a savoury pancake, leave out the vanilla extract and add seasoning.
- 4 tbsp butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk (I used almond milk)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups sourdough starter, stirred
- 1 ½ cups plain flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Strawberries, halved
- 2tbs Greek yoghurt (I used Waitrose Essential brand) or;
- juice lemon and 1 tsp sugar
- Melt the butter in a pan on the simmer plate. Let it cool slightly, and pour into a large bowl. Next add the eggs, milk and vanilla extract and. stir well.
- Whisk in the sourdough starter and add the remaining dry ingredients and whisk until well combined. Let the batter sit for about 30 minutes.
- Stir the pancake batter and using a large ladle or spoon place pancake batter on to bacoglide on the hotplate. Let the pancake cook for around 2-3 minutes, until the edges are showing signs of being cooked and there are bubble on the top.
- Gently flip the pancake and continue to cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve your Everhot sourdough pancakes with whatever topping you like. I used strawberries and Greek yoghurt and my daughter had the classic lemon and sugar.