This delicious Goats’ cheese, feta and courgette lasagna is a tasty vegetarian alternative which is easy to cook in the top oven of your Everhot. You can switch it to the warming oven covered in foil until you are ready to serve.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 150g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbsp runny honey
- 1 tbsp chopped oregano
- 3 sticks celery, finely sliced
- 1 x 400g tin butter beans, drained
- 150ml vegetable stock or water
- 100g goats’ cheese, crumbled
- grated zest ½ lemon
- 2 tsps lemon juice
- 3 courgettes, sliced thinly lengthways (at least 6 slices from each courgette)
- 200g feta, diced
1 x large ovenproof dish
- Heat ½ tbsp oil in a small pan and gently fry the garlic and peppers for a few minutes. Add the tomatoes and honey and simmer gently for 10 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for a further 5-10 minutes, until slightly thickened, and then stir in the oregano. Set aside.
- In another pan, heat ½ tbsp oil and gently cook the celery for a few minutes, without browning. Then add the stock and butter beans. Simmer until the celery is soft.
- Puree the mixture in a blender, along with the goats’ cheese and then stir in the lemon zest and juice.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large frying pan and cook the courgette slices, in several batches, until softened.
To assemble the dish:
Place a third of the courgette slices on the bottom of the dish. Cover these with half of the tomato sauce mixture and then another layer of courgettes. Use the remaining tomato sauce and then arrange a final layer of courgettes on top. Pour over the butterbean sauce and sprinkle with the feta cheese.
Bake for approx. 40 minutes at 200C in top oven, until bubbling and golden brown. Blast with the grill to brown if cooked but not brown enough on top.
Serve with a green salad and bread or potatoes if desired.