A simple raspberry and cream Victoria sponge cake cooks beautifully in the Everhot. I’ve added cream and fresh raspberries as the filling but you can use strawberries or buttercream. For a really lush cake mix mascarpone with creme fraiche and stir in some fresh passion fruit. Yummy!
- 225g caster sugar
- 225g Stork or butter
- 225g self raising flour, sifted
- 4 medium to large eggs
- 175ml double cream
- 3 tbsp raspberry jam
- Punnet raspberries
- Icing sugar to dust
- Place margarine or butter and sugar in a mixing bowl and cream using an electric mixer until all sugar grains incorporated and light and fluffy
- Add the flour and eggs and beat well
- Pour into two greased 8 inch sandwich tins
- Bake in the top Everhot oven at 200ºC for 25-30 minutes. Check by pressing gently on top of cake which should spring back
- Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool
- Once completely cold. Whip the double cream until fairly stiff.
- Spread raspberry jam on to the bottom layer of cake. Spread the double cream on top.
- Add fresh raspberries and sandwich with the top of cake. Dust with sifted icing sugar. Add raspberries to decorate if required.