I love a berry pavlova, so decadent and impressive to look at, but actually very easy to put together. This raspberry and strawberry pavlova is even easier in the Everhot and you can add any combination of berries to suite your tastebuds!
- 3 egg whites
- 175g caster sugar
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1x 400g packet fresh strawberries, hulled
- 1 x 200g raspberries
- 1 pot of double cream
- sifted icing sugar and a sprig of fresh mint, to serve
- Before you begin make sure your bowl and utensils are spotlessly clean and grease-free to ensure you make the best meringue.
- Put egg whites in a mixing bowl and whisk to peaks. They are done id you turn the bowl upside down and they don’t fall out!
- Add the caster sugar a bit at a time and continue to whisk until all but one tablespoon is incorporated.
- Mix the cornflour and vinegar and add with the final spoon of sugar and whisk until glossy, stiff peaks.
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper and pile on the meringue to a 20cm, or thereabouts, circle.
- Place in the top oven at around 200ºC for around 15 minutes. Transfer to the bottom oven at around 90ºC and leave for around an hour, depending on how chewy you like the centre of your meringue.
- Remove from the oven. Leave to cool.
- Whip the double cream until it is a soft but thick consistency. Pile on to the meringue and top with the fresh berries.
- Dust with sifted icing sugar and decorate with fresh mint to serve.