If you are looking for a slow-cooked delicious family supper Braised Pork with Paprika Mushrooms delivers and then some. Tender, tasty and terrifically easy. Serves 4.
- 400g pork tenderloins, cubed
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 400ml beef or chicken stock
- 6 tsp butter
- 400g button mushrooms, chunked
- 200g double or single cream
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- freshly ground nutmeg
- sea salt and crushed black pepper
- Season the pork well with salt and pepper. Heat coconut oil in a large lidded pan or frying pan and sauté the meat for around 5 minutes until browned.
- Add the onion to the pan and cook for a further 10 minutes until both the meat and onion are nice and brown. Stir in the tomato purée and cook for around a minute.
- Next, pour over the stock and cover the pan with a lid. Transfer to the bottom oven on low ideally 90-100ºC for at least an hour.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a pan on the simmer plate and sauté the mushrooms quickly until brown ( you may have to transfer to the hotplate)
- Remove the meat from the oven, add the mushrooms and cream, dried thyme, paprika, nutmeg and season, then bring to a boil.
- Transfer back to the bottom oven (top up the liquid if required with stock or boiling water) and leave to simmer gently until you are ready to serve. This is really nice with plain rice or cauliflower rice if you are Keto.