Spice up your life with this chilli jam. If you want it brighter red use all red peppers/chillies and red wine vinegar.
- 6 red peppers
- 2 green peppers
- 10 fresh medium chillies
- thumb-sized piece of fresh ginger
- 8 garlic cloves
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 200ml red wine vinegar
- 50ml balsamic vinegar
- 500g golden caster sugar
- Place peppers, chillies, ginger and garlic cloves into a food processor and blitz well.
- Place in large pan along with the chopped tomatoes, vinegars and caster sugar.
- Simmer gently on the simmer plate for around an hour removing any surface scum. Once it has thickened like lava it is ready.
- Cool. Place in sterilised jars (you can place jars in the warming oven to sterilise) and transfer to fridge.
- Spoon over absolutely everything!
Recipe courtesy of Andrew Swain.