Who can resist the moist deliciousness of homemade carrot cake? On an Everhot it is even more moist and delicious. Mix it up a bit by adding nuts, swapping the banana for extra carrot.
- 225g self-raising flour
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 150g light muscovado sugar (you can use light brown sugar)
- 100g carrots, grated
- 50g sultanas
- zest of an orange
- 1 banana, mashed
- 2 eggs
- 150ml sunflower oil
For the topping:
- 200g icing sugar, sifted
- 175g full fat soft cheese
- 50g soft margarine
- 5ml vanilla essence
- orange zest and pistachios to decorate (walnuts if you are adding to cake)
- Depending on the temperatures you run your ovens at use top oven at 180ºC or bottom. I used top on the bottom shelf.
- Line an 20cm deep round cake tin with baking parchment or use a ready made cake liner
- Place all the cake ingredients into a bowl and mix thoroughly. Pour into the cake tin and bake for around 50-60 minutes. Test by placing a finger lightly on the cake and it should spring back. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- Meanwhile make the topping. Place the soft cheese and margarine in a food processor (or bowl if you have good beating arms!) and add sifted icing sugar. Add the vanilla essence. Whizz until smooth and creamy.
- Spread over the top of the cake and down the sides and sprinkle on the orange zest and crushed pistachios. Grab a fork and hide!