Everyone loves a chocolate brownie and these really squidgy chocolate brownies are divine and very rich. Baked perfectly on the Everhot as it does not dry them out, even if you forget to take them out early enough as I did!
- 350g plain dark chocolate (at least 75% cocoa solids), broken into pieces
- 225g margarine or butter
- 2 tbsp hot water
- 3 extra large eggs
- 225g caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 75g self-raising flour
- 175g walnut pieces (you can omit these if you don’t like nuts)
- 225g plain chocolate chips
- icing sugar, to serve
- The top or bottom oven needs to be at 190-200ºC before you begin.
- Grease and line a 30 x 23cm roasting tin with greaseproof paper.
- Melt the chocolate slowly in a bowl with the margarine over a pan of hot water, stirring occasionally. Allow to cool.
- In another bowl, mix the eggs, sugar and vanilla essence. Gradually beat in the chocolate mixture. Fold in the flour, walnuts and chocolate chips, and then pour into the tin.
- Bake in the oven for around 40-50 minutes or until firm to the touch and a dull crust has formed. Test with skewer to see how squidgy they are in the centre.
- Leave to cool in the tin. When cold cut into squares. Dust with a little icing sugar to serve.