These festive mini sausage rolls are very moreish and perfect to have in the freezer for unexpected visitors and entertaining as you can cook from frozen.
- 400g sausage meat
- 250g puff pastry (or you can make yyour own)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- handful fresh sage leaves, finely chopped
- Place the sausage meat into a bowl and add the chopped sage and season well.
- Roll out the pastry as thin as possible into a rectangle. Cut into three strips.
- Divide the sausage meat into three and roll out to a tube.
- Brush the edge of the pastry with egg wash and place the roll of sausage meat onto the pastry. Fold the pastry over and seal.
- Turn the pastry roll over so the edge is underneath and place onto a greased baking tray. At this point you can freeze and cook from frozen when ready.
- Brush the tops of the sausage rolls with egg wash. Using scissors snip three Vs in the top of each sausage roll. Place in the top oven at 220ºC for around 25 minutes until golden brown. If you are cooking from frozen they will need around 40 minutes.