Everyone loves a delicious warm muffin straight from the oven, so why not bake these healthy banana and oat muffins for someone you love this Valentine’s Day? These are super healthy (well-ish) as they have no sugar just honey to sweeten.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour or all-purpose gluten-free flour
- ¼ cup old-fashioned oats plus more for sprinkling on top
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp cinnamon optional
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup packed mashed ripe bananas about 2-3 large bananas
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup honey or maple syrup
- ¹/³ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Grease a muffin tin with butter or cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, Combine the flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, beat the mashed bananas, eggs, honey, olive oil, milk, and vanilla. Add the dry ingredients and mix until fully combined. Do not over-mix.
- Divide mixture evenly into 12 muffin cups.
- Sprinkle with rolled oats. Bake muffins in the top oven at 210ºC for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into a muffin comes out clean.